Bertie is the third of our 'Basic Series' locomotives.
Saddle tanks were probably the most common type of small locomotive found on British narrow gauge railways and Bertie is typical of the style. Personalise it to your own requirements with the aditional parts and accessories available.
Specification for basic model is :-
*NOTE* Insulated wheels are not available on this model and a gas filling adaptor is required..
- 0-4-0 inside framed chassis with double acting slide valve cylinders operated by slip eccentric valve gear (see FAQ's).
- Internal gas firing using the ROUNDHOUSE 'FG' gas system.
- Controls fitted as standard are:- steam regulator, safety valve, displacement lubricator and gas regulator.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are:- length 270mm over buffers, width 118mm, height 145mm, weight 2.1Kg.
- Available in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour. Pictured above in Deep Brunswick Green and below in Black and Darj Blue.
- 32mm or 45mm gauge (non adjustable) please state when ordering.
To further enhance and customise your ‘Bertie’, we offer the following accessory packs for you to fit yourself.
Bertie fitted with brass dome and chimney cap.
These come with all necessary parts and full instructions (except for the r/c fittings kit which does not include the radio control equipment).
- Pressure gauge with syphon.
- Water top up system (including water gauge).
- Radio control fittings kit.
- Polished brass dome.
- Brass chimney cap
- Clip on cylinder covers.
- Dummy slide bar and crosshead for cylinders.(as Lady Anne)
- Dummy slide bar, crosshead, combination lever and union link for cylinders. (as Darjeeling 'B' class)
- Etched brass buffer beam overlay with rivet and bolt head detail. Painted or unpainted.
For further details on some of these add on parts, go to our Enhancements page.
'Bertie' from the rear.
Return to top of page
If you arrived at this page directly from a search engine or a link from another web site, please CLICK HERE to go to the full ROUNDHOUSE web site.
© 2000 Roundhouse Eng. Co. Ltd.